Interactive Brokers is a world-leading discount broker established back in 1978 in the United States of America. The broker serves clients all over 200 countries worldwide by investing in over 135 markets, including stocks, options, futures, currencies, metals, bonds, ETFs, Mutual Funds, Hedge Funds, Robo portfolios.
Interactive Brokers provides you with powerful technology to take complete control over your trades and leverage technology to be always one step ahead.
Interactive Brokers Regulations
Interactive Brokers is regulated by top-tier financial authorities such as;
- Interactive Brokers U.K. Limited is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA),
- Interactive Brokers Limited is authorized and regulated by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) as well as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Interactive Brokers Australia Pty. Ltd is regulated and authorized by the ASIC, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
- Interactive Brokers Canada Inc is regulated and financially authorized by the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC)
- Interactive Brokers Hong Kong Limited is authorized and regulated by
- the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission
- Interactive Brokers India Pvt authorized and regulated by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (BSE).
- Interactive Brokers Luxembourg SARL is authorized and regulated by the CSSF.
- IBKR Securities Japan Inc is authorized and regulated by the Financial Services Agency (FSA).
- IBKR Singapore Pte. Ltd is authorized and regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- Interactive Brokers Ireland Limited is authorized and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI)
- Interactive Brokers Central Europe Zrt is authorized and regulated by the Central Bank of Hungary (Magyar Nemzeti Bank).
Opening an Interactive Brokers Trading Account
IBKR is one of the biggest U.S. brokers that serves clients worldwide. You can open your trading account with a minimum of $0. IBKR Trading Accounts come with various base currencies including, Australian Dollar, British Pound, Canadian Dollar, Chinese Yuan, Czech Koruna, Danish Krone, Euro, Hong Kong Dollar, Hungarian Forint, Indian Rupee (only in India), Israeli Shekel, Japanese Yen, Mexican Peso, New Zealand Dollar, Norwegian Krone Polish Zloty, Russian Rouble, Singapore Dollar, South African Rand, Swedish Krona, Swiss Franc, US Dollar.
You can choose between; IBKR LITE and IBKR PRO.
- IBKR Lite has NO minimum deposit and NO inactivity fees. It also comes with $0 commissions on US-listed stock and ETFs.
- IBKR Pro is the best choice for active traders and investors. You get access to the I.B. Smart Routing System, which does provide a $0.47/100 shares price improvement.
Opening an IBKR trading account is quick, easy, and digitized.
- Personal Info” Full name – country of residence – email – phone number – residential – date of birth.
- Answer questions about your trading experience and your financial knowledge.
- Choose an account type and trading platform.
- Determine the base currencies.
- Verify your identity.
- Verification of identity: passport – national I.D. – driver’s license
- Verification of residency: bank statement – utility bill – driver’s license – credit card statement – other documents
At last, Check your inbox! You will receive an email to follow up with the process.
Spread & Funding Your Account
Interactive Brokers charges $0 on deposits. The possibilities are limited to only Bank transfers. But if you live in the USA, you can deposit via;
- Online Bill Payment
- Direct Rollover
Interactive Brokers offers its new IBKR Debit MasterCard as a deposit option for U.S. residents. If you live in Australia, You can deposit via BPAY.
Interactive Brokers has various pricing structures as the broker covers over 135 markets in over 23 countries. You can choose between;
- Transparent Volume-Tiered Pricing,
- Fixed-Rate Pricing,
- $0 Commission US Stock Trading.
Tiered Pricing is the best choice for active traders. CFDs come with a commission of 0.05%, which is a competitive one compared to the other brokers in the industry. F.X. Spreads start from 0.2 pips. The IBKR charges Overnight fees, ” Swap Rates,” and you can check the rates live on the trading platform. You have to read and compare the three pricing structure types to decide which one works for you. But in general, Interactive Brokers has one of the best pricing structures in the industry, which can fit both beginners and active traders.
Interactive Brokers User Experience
IBKR provides its clients with powerful technology. Take complete control over your trades and always be one step ahead. The broker has a range of trading platforms including,
- Client Portal: IBKR web application where you can always get updates on quotes, your trades, and live time reports.
- IBKR Trader Workstation: IBKR’s desktop platform. A powerful platform that gives you the power to control your trades. Best choice for active traders.
IBKR has received many awards to recognize the quality of its services as Rated #1 – Best Online Broker for years.
Interactive Brokers Customer Support
IBKR provides its clients with excellent customer service to answer any inquiries you may have. You can reach technical support through a phone call, live chat, or browse their blog and FAQs, where you can look for what you want. The customer support is available 24/5 from Monday to Friday.
You can choose your native language to communicate as the broker does support; English, French, Deutsch, Russian, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean
Interactive Brokers Final Thought
IBKR is a world-leading online broker since 1978. The broker is regulated and licensed by top-tier financial authorities such as FCA, ASIC, IIROC, FSA, CSSF, and FINRA.
The broker serves clients worldwide and provides a wide range of products to trade on, including Stocks, Options, Futures, Currencies, Metals, Bonds, ETFs, Mutual Hedge Funds.
IBKR provides a powerful trading platform to control your trades with a range of advanced tools to excel in trading. Also, you have access to excellent educational resources always to be ahead. There is no minimum deposit required, so feel free to try the IBKR trading environment.